Archive for April, 2009
April 3, 2009 Leave a comment
That phrase is something my Dad says a lot in response to things breaking. If you don’t think that man is cursed and that everything has a tendency to wear out; look at what I’ve been doing for the last two weeks.
- My Shoulder – Having pain for about a year. Had an MIR and Arthrogram yesterday (ouch!) Results forthcoming.
- Our Mini-Van – Both TJ and Ally have “accidently” put the van in drive this past year. Thank you God for protecting them! Took it to the shop and sure enough; a part that requires someone to hold down the break before you can put it in drive has gone bad. Scheduled to be replaced next week.
- Septic Field Line – An endless supply of water kept accumulating at the bottom of our lot. Turns out that our field line “blew out”. The reason, as explained by “Johnson”, was that over the years we’ve increased our water usage drastically by having more people in our house (that would be 5)- More bath water, more clothes washed, etc. He added 100 ft. of field line for $750. Hope that fixes it.
- The Water Dispenser in the Fridge- It’s been working intermittently for a year. Turns out the water was freezing up in the waterline near the water dispenser in the door. Purchased an aftermarket heater kit for around $50. Installed it last night and its working like a champ.
- Garden Tiller – You have to choke it for it to stay running. Worked on it for an hour on Tuesday with no luck. I need to clean the carburetor. Maybe Saturday?
- Weed-Eater- Would run hot after 5 minutes of use. After worrying with it all last year, I took it to a local shop. “Best $36 I ever spent.” After giving me a lesson on ethanol and engine temperatures, the guy told me that the factory carburetors in my model have a defect.
- Tire on the Lawn Mower- I’ve had it “plugged” several times because of objects that had punctured the tired while mowing the vacant lot next to us. I got tired of having to air this tire up every time before I cut the grass. Priced the tire at the local John Deere store $80! Found it at Wal-Mart for $45.
- Laptop – As of last night will not boot up. Need a repair/setup disk for Vista-64. This should be funL.
- Cable Modem – Intermittent Problems with our internet connection going up and down. Over the last few days resetting the modem no longer fixed the problem. Called Comcast tech support and she said we needed a new modem. So I went by and rented one from Comcast. We are paying $3 per month. Sounds like the way to go. That’s $36 a year and to buy one is around $50.